Monday, September 1, 2008

Star Castle at the Quik Trip




I first played Star Castle at the Quik Trip in Wichita Kansas. It was right behind the apartment complex that we lived in and the dumpsters I used to dive into to collect bottlecaps.

I remember one day my brother and I had finished playing the game - the clucking chicken sound of the laser cannon fire still ringing in our ears - when on our way out what should I spy on the door-opening floor mat but a bulging brown wallet!

We rounded the corner to inspect the treasure and discovered that it contained $60! More Star Castle, duh!

On entering the QT I saw a man questioning the clerk behind the counter and glancing wildly around on the ground. I knew the wallet belonged to him and offered it up.

Our reward was moral and not monetary but we staved off our craving for more gaming by watching another kid play.

Cluck-cluck-cluck!

No comments: